The Galleries is supporting Plastic Bag Free Day this Saturday on 3rd July alongside numerous stores who will be providing FREE #LoveBristol tote bags as a gift to customers who shop local this Saturday.
1 million plastic bags are in used around the world every minute. Plastic Bag Free Day is a global initiative that aims to eliminate the use of single-use plastic bags in the world.
If you’re visiting the Galleries this weekend, keep an eye out in a selection of our stores who will be giving away the limited edition tote bags to support you when you shop! Make the #ShopSwap and reduce the amount of plastic bags heading to landfill every minute.
PLUS, here are 6 other sustainable initiatives here at The Galleries
- Did you know Mabboo are the original brand built on bamboo? You can read more about their story here.
- The Galleries is host to XeroE, a zero emission delivery service. They have a Pick Up Drop Off Unit (PUDO) here at the centre, enabling hundreds of packages to be delivered all at once to the PUDO, reducing the number of vans driving around the city centre and less congestion. Click here for more info.
- There are a number of coffee shops at the Galleries, therefore we’ve partnered with the BID and made it our mission to install numerous ‘For Cups Sake’ recycling stations so that if you’re having a coffee on the go you can dispose of them. Clickhere for more details.
- Boots are doing their bit to help keep our planet beautiful. Find their recycling scheme in store where you can bring your empty beauty, health, wellness and dental products, from any brand, that can’t be recycled at home. PLUS, receive points when you recycle over 5 products at any one time. More details here.
- The Big Toy Rehoming is back at The Entertainer, in partnership with the Salvation Army! Please drop any toys no longer played with into your local The Entertainer store and we will rehome them via The Salvation Army. For more details on the products you can donate click here.
- Have you heard of the Too Good to Go App? You reserve a bag of discounted ‘surplus’ foods from your preferred shop, takeaway or cafe online, not knowing what you’re going to get – and then collect your surprise bag of goodies with 60 per cent or more off the original marked prices. Caffe Nero and Greggs are participating retailers. For more details on the app and how to download click here.